Friday, May 12, 2006

Swamp Romping

It's been awhile since my last post, but worry not, loyal reader(s?), I have been busy.

My most recent outings have been (mostly) documented by my trusty RAZR's phone-cam.

A few weeks ago, I was lamenting about how much I missed home. The music and the food are one of a kind, and I was longing for the spicy flavor of boiled crawfish and the funky chank-a-chank of Zydeco. I happened to be riding my bike in downtown Austin and came across the 2nd Annual Louisiana Swamp Romp.

Sweet! They had crawfish & Zydeco & Traditional Cajun music a-plenty. I really enjoyed it and was able to get some decent shots from the festival:


Fellow Passers of a Good Time. These two were cutting it up to a little Zydeco. Who was playing, you ask? Well, none other than Corey "Lil' Pop" Ledet, all the way from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana.



Incidentally, Breaux Bridge is the self-proclaimed Crawfish Capital of the World. Although I'm not sure exactly what that means, if you ever have a chance to visit during their Annual Crawfish Festival, you should. It's pretty amazing - the food is unbelievable and the music is top notch.



The above two pictures are from The Bluerunners. They're a great band from my hometown of Lafayette, LA. I picked up their new CD, Honeyslides, which is pretty damn entertaining. You can check it out on their MySpace page if you don't want to buy the album now (but you should buy it anyway ;) )

No comments :

Post a Comment