Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Wil Wheaton Roxx!

Ok, I know I'm probably too old to be a fanboy. And I guess that's not too hard for me to concede. And I'll even admit that my fanboy-dom for Wil even includes a bit of pre-adolescent / adolescent obsession with his Wes Crusher character on Star Trek: TNG. I've been a geek for a while, ok.

Whatever.

He is still a great actor and quite funny. So you haven't really thought of Wil since you caught the last re-run of Stand By Me? You should check out his blog. It's pretty damn funny. And thoughtful. I've followed it off and on over the last few years. Usually I wind up reading it for a while when he posts on Slashdot.

Why am I still a fan? Well it's primarily because Wil's a real guy. And doesn't pretend otherwise. He writes about things that you can tell are important to him. He's obviously interested and passionate about these things, and that makes him interesting. I find it refreshing that someone can go through the insanity that is a child acting career and turn out to be a pretty ok guy. That gives me hope for the rest of us.

Well, a little anyways.

Anyway, he's got a new book, and if you're a geek you should really check it out. Or if your brain is soggy or tired you can get his audio book also. It's a good read. If you really consider yourself a geek (and that's probably not far off if you're reading this), I can guarantee that you'll find a few stories that hit close to home.

This isn't an ad or anything for Wil. I'm just a fan who thinks anyone interested in my ramblings might find his intriguing as well.

That's all for now, but come back tomorrow. I'm making Crawfish Etoufee for a friend, and I'll be posting my mom's recipe.

Ca c'est bon, cher!


No comments :

Post a Comment