|Ideum releases revamped gestureworks.com sites|
I also confirmed via email from CEO Jim Spadaccini and Nora Galler that in addition to the updates detailed below, the GestureWorks site & Wiki have received a facelift recently.
I can confirm after reviewing the links below that the site updates are not only clean and quick to load, but it's much easier to use the new layouts than it was with the old sites. Kudos to the team for investing in an improved user experience - the UI/UX changes will pay dividends with happier customers, like me!
Now, for the updates ...
|Presenter 55 - 55" Multi-Touch Interactive Wall System|
- New Presenter 55 Multi-Touch Wall System Available Immediately - The latest addition to the Ideum Multi-Touch Wall System line is the Presenter 55. At an affordable $6,995 MSRP (contact me via LinkedIn for volume purchases & discounts), it seems fair to sacrifice a few features for a smaller wall-print.
Ideum Presenter 55 with optional motorized stand
You can outfit them with a host of other options, including a motorized mounting stand for wall / table combination functionality, a video camera, and even a Leap Motion controller (when they're actually available to the general public and start shipping on May 13, pre-order now). The Presenter 55 at this price point makes a fantastic replacement for a conference room full of expensive proprietary telecom gear.
Since it runs and fully supports Windows 7 & 8, you can add it to your existing corporate networks easily and replace the projectors, conference phone systems, video gear, and computer interface equipment in your conference rooms with one all-in-on system that can be controlled via a wireless usb keyboard / mouse (or remotely).
If you want to protect your back-end investments in high-end telecom gear, no worries - every telecom system worth investing in usually comes with a windows soft client, which can be run easily and even deployed and configured via standardized images from your IT Department. Not bad when you consider a starting price of $6,995.
From the website: "The Presenter 55 touch wall has a 55” Active 3D LED LCD HD display supporting either 12 or 32+ touch points. The thin 2” frame is made of ruggedized aircraft-grade aluminum and the screen is protected by a tempered glass surface."
Of course, if you prefer a larger view, the Presenter 65 (pictured below) is also available.
Presenter 65 Interactive Multi-Touch Wall System from Ideum
- Gestureworks Core 1.1 Released - Pressure sensitivity, new mouse sim mode, and 2D Leap Motion support and much more have been added and several outstanding reported bug fixes have been rolled up into this release.
I haven't worked too extensively with the native Core libraries that are updated in this Core 1.1 release version (release notes). The previous project I worked on used the Flash Libraries and ActionScript vs. GML / Native. That said, this update is pretty exciting if for no other reason the newly added support for the Leap Motion Controller.
email newsletter: "The newest version of Gestureworks Core is here with some great new features. We've enhanced support for the Leap Motion Controller with 10 simultaneous touch points and 2D point tracking, and the Core now also supports pressure sensitivity and has a new mouse simulation mode for easier testing of your applications." Learn more about Gestureworks Core 1.1 on the wiki.
Gestureworks Flash 3.6 Released from Ideum
- Gestureworks Flash 3.6 Released - This is the library I'm more familiar with as it's what we used with Teamwork Solutions Group when we worked on the St. Landry Parish Tourist Commission's Ideum Pro Exhibit.
In the latest 3.6 release, Ideum has added a host of new features (release notes)...
The long list includes 2D support for Leap Motion Controller (pre-order), a new rendering system that supports database-driven rendering of animations, a new open source binding infrastructure system adding support for GML (detailed description of the Gesture Markup Language), support for both Starling and TweenMax, and even accelerometer support!
Gestureworks Flash 3.6 ReleasedThe Leap Motion Support is especially timely, given that TechCrunch just announced that HP will be embedding in and bundling the device with a wide range of products in the near future.
Image Courtesy of TechCrunch
- Gestureworks Gesturekey 1.1 Released - From the email newsletter: "GestureKey, our Windows 8 utility for enabling touch in legacy applications, also gets a refresh with version 1.1. Some of the cool new things you'll see are the Auto Launch feature that automatically starts and connects to target applications, new input commands for using "relative" mouse movements, and Gesture Map printing" (release notes).
Gestureworks Gesturekey 1.1 Released
- Flickr-based multi-touch photo collection viewer released from OpenExhibits - I'm also excited to announce that Ideum, through Open Exhibits, has released a Flickr gallery based photo collection viewer as an open source project.
When we developed the St. Landry Parish Tourist Commission's Ideum Pro Exhibit, we had to develop this photo functionality on our own, which we did...but it would have been much nicer to have had an existing library to just link to in our code.