Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Apples & Bounties?

I'm sure this will be all over the blogosphere, but there's a guy who stuck his neck out on the line (and put his money where his mouth is) to try to get Windows XP to dual boot on his newly purchased MacBook laptop. You know, Apple's new Intel-based laptop.

He basically told his boss to buy him one, and not to worry because it would run all his Company's windows stuff fine. HEHEHE. So basically, he offered a bounty of $100 to anyone who could make it happen.

Needless to say, he's also accepting donations for the bounty fund, since $100 isn't likely to motivate many hackers, but the fund's up to around $3,300 as of this writing. I've donated $25 bucks, and thought you readers might be interested in contributing to the cause.

I know, I know - I work at Dell, and I'm contributing to this? It's one of my dark secrets - I'm a Mac wannabe, I guess. I like the design of Macs and have been an Apple fan since I first started programming on the Apple ]['s WAAAY back in the day.

So, donate to the cause! It'll help buy some crazy hacker caffeine-loaded water, which they'll probably need if they're going to finish the project by the March deadline.

No comments :

Post a Comment