Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Introducing....The Beastles!

I ran across a really interesting site yesterday hosted by djBC - The Beastles .

He's a pretty solid DJ from the U.K. that is quite a fan of both the Beastie Boys and the Beatles. Who isn't, though, right?

He's quite adept at mixing together songs and loops / hooks from each into pretty intriguing tunes.

I found that at first they were a little weird to listen to - I've grown up as a mega fan of each band, and when you've listened to a song thousands of times, you come to have a feel for it that is shaken when you hear a remake. These really don't even qualify as a remake - or a re-mix really, they're "mashed-up" - interweaving samples from different songs of each artist together.

However, djBC has skills, and I think his love for the original works really shines through. The music offers an unexpectedly refreshing twist on some of my all-time favorite melodies.

Give them a listen and let me know what you think :)


1 comment :

  1. It works for me!!!

    3 minutes huh? That's gotta be a new record.

    ReplyDelete