Saturday, January 21, 2006

Nimble Fingers

I am just returning home from what will likely be one of the coolest experiences of my life. I went to see a performance hosted by the Austin Classical Guitar Society. I joined a few months ago, but I haven't made time to attend any of their events until now.

If you are in Austin, or may be here soon, make some time to attend one of their shows.

Tonight's featured performer was an incredibly talented and breathtaking guitarist from Karlovac, Croatia : Ana Vidovic.

Amazing.

Honestly, that word barely does Ana justice. I've tried to find another that might more accurately portray the passion and intensity she brought to the fretboard, and I must sadly admit that I could not find any.

Here's a few pictures of the virtuoso that I snapped after the performance while she was signing autographs:






I managed to get in line first and nabbed an autograph. She even spelled my name right without asking. SCORE.

HEHE.

So, if you haven't already bought her CD from her website that I linked to above, you should do so IMMEDIATELY ;) You can also get it at Amazon.com - The one she was selling at the recital was from the 1998 International Francisco Tarrega Competition, Benicasim where she took first prize.

Keep an eye out for her, and do try and make a recital if you can. Even if you're not a huge fan of classical music, you'll enjoy her performance.

No comments :

Post a Comment