Sunday, October 08, 2006

Fun With Seafood - Grilled Shrimp En Brochette and Ribeye

Sam recently celebrated her 22nd birthday with me here in Austin. We had a great time together and I cooked her a birthday dinner extraordinaire ;)

My Mom taught me how to make a delightful dish called Shrimp En Brochette. Literally, that translates into "Shrimp out of skewer," according to Babelfish. Depending on how you wind up preparing it, you may, in fact, skewer the little crustaceans.

Basically, the dish is a raw shrimp wrapped around a cream cheese & jalapeno filler, then wrapped in bacon and either grilled (my favorite) or baked to a crisp. It really is sublime, and works great as a finger food appetizer or a fantastic side dish to a main entree. For Sam's birthday I did them both ways (grilled and baked) as a side with a Grilled Ribeye entree.

I've posted a couple of pictures below, and there are a few more over at my Flicker site. I'll post the recipe soon:
Shrimp En Brochette being prepared - stuffed with cream cheese, Cajun Power Garlic Sauce, Garlic, Jalapeno

Shrimp En Brochette being grilled on the George Foreman

No comments :

Post a Comment