Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lafayette Zombie Competition (With a twist!) and another hit for AMC with "The Walking Dead"

I love it when my home town gets a mention for Zombies.  It happened once while I was in Austin, and now it's happening again in Lafayette, LA!

It turns out that a local Architectural Firm, Architects Southwest, is sponsoring a design competition for the best zombie-apocalypse survival shelter.  You can vote for the one you think is best, and you should do so IMMEDIATELY, if for no other reason than to support a local Lafayette firm with a great sense of humor and a clever knack for marketing in this web 2.0 world of ours.  There's a cool discussion starting up at the voting site, with even funnier ones in full swing on Fark.com and io9.com where I originally picked up the thread.

Did I mention that you should go vote right now?  I loved the boat concept, but agree that it might not be practical on the Mississippi, what do you think?

This has got to be the most well planned Zombie Survival Diagram EVER!



Add your 2 cents in the comments!

I found the competition particularly timely since Sam and I have recently fell in love with Frank Darabont's new AMC (Mini?) Series "The Walking Dead."  I wasn't really sure if even he could pull of a multi-part dramatic series in the Zombie milieu, but so far I have been impressed with the writing and the acting (but Frank is writing and directing the episodes and I'm a pretty big fan of his, so perhaps that's not entirely surprising).

Even if you're not a Zombie / Horror fan, Frank has written / directed movies you have loved, including Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and many others, and I think you'll find that the quality of this effort ranks up there with other AMC notables like Mad Men and Breaking Bad.  You should t least watch the first two episodes and give it a shot - you might be surprised :)

No comments :

Post a Comment